Sunday, July 21, 2013

The thing about attachment parenting is...

My baby is glued to my side 98% of the day. 1% of the day she's content with me out of her sight, and the other 1% she's crying and crawling after me.

It's tough. I'd really enjoy a shower or bathroom break by myself. I'd like to walk back and forth between the bedroom and the laundry room without toting 25lbs of squirmy with me, or without a meltdown. Cleaning would be much easier if I didn't have to do squats the whole time with a baby strapped to my back.

But the thing is, the day is coming when my arms will ache because they're empty, not because they've been overworked. There is a time coming when she would rather play than snuggle. Sooner rather than later, she will be the one turning and walking away from me.

These past (almost) 8 months have literally flown by. My days slip away like feathers in a breeze.

I'm changing my thinking.

I will cuddle, I will carry, I will bed share, I will wear, I will do what I can when I can how I can to be close to this incredible baby.

Because my time with her is too precious not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment