Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Whitening Your Teeth Naturally

I HAVE to share this with you guys!

Activated charcoal. Heard of it? Maybe? How about for whitening your teeth? No?

I read this article from Crunchy Betty months ago. I was skeptical, but wanted to try it anyway. I finally got around to buying some activated charcoal (aka activated carbon) about two weeks ago. Oh. My. Gosh. The results are incredible!

Crunchy Betty suggests using capsules of activated charcoal like this. You can open a capsule and it's the perfect amount for one treatment. I chose to purchase this one (wayyy cheaper). It's for an aquarium, so it's tablets instead of powder.



Pour out a bit of the AC.



Grind it up into a powder (I do it mortar and pestle style). You should have roughly a teaspoon of powder. Be careful when dealing with the AC in powder form, it can be harmful if inhaled.



Add a dash of water to make a paste and spread it on your teeth with your finger. I pour the rest in my mouth, swish around a little, and then hold it in front of my teeth. Keep it there 3-5 minutes then rinse WELL, and brush normally.

So easy! You don't have to worry about any harmful chemicals, and it won't cause any tooth sensitivity like traditional peroxide-based whitening creams.


Look! This is after only THREE treatments! You guys, this is amazing! (sorry I don't have Hollywood straight teeth)



Remember, you need ACTIVATED charcoal (carbon). Don't go out and grab a brick from your barbecue, it's not the same thing.

Did you try it? What were your results?

No comments:

Post a Comment