Thursday, December 19, 2013

Wrap Review! Lenny Lamb Sunrise Rainbow

I'm starting a new series! I'll be reviewing all the wraps I've tried so far, and I'll review any new wraps that come in. Starting with Lenny Lamb Sunrise Rainbow, the first real wrap I owned! 

Manufacturer: Lenny Lamb
Name: Sunrise Rainbow
Weave: Twill
Blend: 50% Cotton 50% Bamboo

This wrap is the absolute softest wrap I have ever tried. It's soft and floppy straight out of the bag. One wash and it was perfect. The colors are vibrant, but not blinding. I found it to be a bit slippery. My passes would glide easily, but my knots also slipped a lot. When E hit 20lbs (around 4 months!), this wrap lost all its support. Every carry I did would slip and pull. I was sad to see it go!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I am watching a Lenny Lamb on ebay...I have lost my enthusiasm now as my youngest is 4 months! It look lovely on you though...what would you recommend now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on how much your baby weighs, it still might work! My daughter was a chunker and hit 20lbs quickly. Its also a fairly warm fiber, and we're heading into the end of summer, but might still be a bit warmer than you'd like (depending of course on where you're from). Hemp is by far my favorite fiber to work with (also on the warmer side, though). A linen blend is incredibly supportive but also nice and breathable.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying soo quickly. I might have to save up for a hemp one, I find the cotton one's expensive already. I'm in the UK so weather is cold most of the time.I am new to wraps. I have a mei tai bit I don't find it supports my son'd head much and my Ergo is fine but not 'beautiful' or 'soft'. I will look up some hemp wraps.

      Delete