Friday, February 15, 2013

Beauty Essentials (Part One)

Happy Valentine's Day!
I had some time during nap time today to play with my makeup, which I haven't gotten to do in a long time (2 months, 7 days to be exact). I've had to change my daily face routine up a bit, but there are must haves I don't go a day without using.
These are the things I use every single day, and the things I consider to be essential.

Moisturizer: a good moisturizer is key to having pretty skin! It should be something light, non comedigenic (won't cause pimples) and have SPF. If your moisturizer doesn't contain SPF, put some sunscreen on before you moisturize, no matter what season. Sun spots aren't cute. I like Neutrogena Oil Free with SPF 15 (or the Up&Up version of that) or Mary Kay Timewise.

Coconut oil: If you don't have this stashed around your house already, go buy some, now. This stuff is incredible. I use it daily for my poor dry cracked hands (lots of diaper changes=lots of hand washing), but the uses are really endless. Cooking, diaper rash cream, yeast infection (vaginal and nipple thrush!), tanning oil, energy, an all natural SPF 4, coat your hair before bleaching and it'll help reduce damage, I've even been told it helps boost milk supply. Seriously. Stock up.
Oil-free eye makeup remover: You wanna stay cute? Get a good eye makeup remover, one that takes your makeup off with ease. Oil free, always! I use Mary Kay.

Mascara: A little mascara does a lot for your face (and your self esteem). I've tried many high-end brands and spent ridiculous amount of cheddar on a tube of messy black crap, but I still always make my way back to good ol' Maybelline. Falsies is my current favorite.

Those little cotton circle thingys: these need no explanation

Tweezers: Okay, I don't use these everyday (or near as often as I should) but they are still essential! Between waxes, I pluck underneath my arch (never anywhere else!! Leave that to a professional). And please, for the love of baby Jesus, TWEEZE your mustache. Shaving it is a big BIG no no. Why don't more people understand that?

Face wipes: These may not be an essential for you, but they are for me. On nights when the baby doesn't allow me to wash my face before bed (pretty much every night) I just use one of these. Going to bed with the day's makeup, dirt, and oil still on your skin is a recipe for acne disaster and WRINKLES. No thank you. I use Neutrogena (or, again, Up&Up's version).

Preparation H: I know, gross. But since this baby, I've developed some serious circles under my eyes. Preparation H shrinks the bags. Don't knock it before you try it!
Beauty Essentials Part Deux: Makeup Edition coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment