Monday, February 11, 2013

Two month checkup

Took my sweet angel for her two month checkup today!

EmmaLee at birth:
7 lbs 13 oz
21.5 in long
13.5cm (head circumference)

Today:
12 lbs 9 oz
24.5 in long
15cm (or so, I don't remember exactly)

Now that is a healthy baby. I exclusively breastfed until Em was 3 weeks old, then my supply took a dive and I had to start supplementing. At 9 weeks old, she is almost exclusively breastfed (we are so close!) I supplement between 4-6 ounces a day. It's more than I'd like, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I may have to continue supplementing. I'm sad about it, but the important thing is that she is fed, right? Currently I take fenugreek (3 pills, 3 times a day) and drink four cups of Mother's Milk Tea a day. I stopped the fenugreek for a few days and noticed a huge drop. So I've really stepped it up.

Her first round of vaccinations was today as well. After a ton of research and internal debate, I decided to go with the traditional vaccination schedule. She had three injections and one oral. She screamed for about a minute and has been fine ever since (knock on wood).

Her next appointment isn't until 4 months! It feels so far from now. These past two months have gone so quickly, I know the next two will fly by as well.

3 comments:

  1. In addition to fenugreek, try More Milk Plus by Motherlove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! I've never heard of that before, but after reading the reviews I ordered some tonight!

      Delete
  2. You're welcome, it's amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete