Friday, March 15, 2013

I love my daughter.

You've been warned. This is about to get super cheese ball.

I love my daughter.

I know, duh.

This love is a completely unspeakable, overwhelming, breath taking love that jerks me down to the center of my being. I didn't know it was possible to have this much love for such a little person.

Sometimes, I look at her, and it wells up so big inside me that it spills over.

The first time I laid eyes on her, I held my breath and waited for that blissful cry. She looked like a goopy, red, pointy headed alien. She was beautiful.

When she wakes up, stretches her little baby legs, looks at me and gives me that gummy grin.

When she cries because I leave the room.

When she gets excited to see me walk back in the room.

When she reaches forward with those razor sharp baby nails to grab my nose.

When she follows me around the room with her eyes.

When she rubs her sleepy face all over me.

My life is not perfect. My situation is not ideal. Things could be better. But life as we know it, is beautiful.

I love my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment