Saturday, March 30, 2013

Patience.

Patience
The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. 

Patience has always been something I've struggled with. I don't like to wait. I don't like to dawdle  I don't like when things aren't done the right way, the first time (does anybody, really?). Its (an annoying) part of my strong personality. Yet somehow, when it comes to being a mom, I have an outpouring of patience.

Where the heck does that come from?

On a difficult day, after I've dealt with hours and hours of frustration. When I'm ready to put my head through a wall, when I want to just scream. And then suddenly, there is my second (third, fourth) wind. And it starts all over.

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient...

Now, normally that verse is taken and used in a romantic sense, like at a wedding. But I don't think it was meant to only be interpreted that way. How much does God love us? How incredibly patient is He with us? If He can be patient with me, after all the crap I've done, I can certainly suck it up and work on getting my baby down for a nap just a little bit longer.

Because when I feel like that, when I am frustrated and irritated and annoyed, and she looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes and smiles... yeah, I can be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment