Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Babywearing Adventures!

I love baby wearing! Seriously. African moms are just brilliant. There's only so much you can do with one hand.

I started out with a Moby. I bought this when I was still pregnant, and I was so excited to use it. Then, we tried it and she hated it. I was sad. (Please excuse the absolutely HORRIFIC picture)

So, I bought a Baby K'tan, which is basically a Moby, just pre-tied. We tried it and she hated it. I gave up baby wearing for a while and sold the Moby. My mom thought maybe Emmy didn't like to be confined (hated the swaddle), so I tried the K'tan legs out. She loved it! Yay!



The K'tan was short lived, however. Mommas who are planning to wear their babies in a K'tan please heed this warning. It is very important to make sure your Baby K'tan is sized properly and is not too stretched out, for your baby's safety. If your K'tan is too big, or has been worn too many times and has stretched out, it becomes extremely easy for the baby to slip into an unsafe position--which is what happened to us. Em slid down on my chest while she was sleeping and I heard her gasping for air. It was terrifying. It tightened right back up when I washed and dried it, but I only used it once after that. Too scary. Please be careful!

I decided to go for a mei tai as our next endeavor! I love it! It's my new secret nap weapon. I just pop her up on my back, walk around for a bit and she's out like a light! I wear her on the front in the mei tai too, but I don't have any pictures to share.


And lastly, my woven wrap! I wanted to try a woven wrap, but after our Moby experience I was afraid to spend the money (they're quite pricey) so I rented one! I looove it. I ended up purchasing a wrap (different from the one in the pictures). It should be here in a week! Yay! I'll be sad for the few days I'm wrap-less





No comments:

Post a Comment