Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quick update =)


Emmalee is 6 months old! I can't even comprehend how its been 6 whole months since I brought my angel into the world.

She has her 6 month appointment tomorrow morning, but I estimate she's around 22 lbs. She is heavvyyy. My arm gets tired if I carry her from the back of the house to the front. Thank goodness for babywearing! I went totally nerdy and had a half birthday party for her. It was just the immediate family, but I baked us a cake and Emmalee got her own very cake also! I'm amazed at how well it turned out. If it had been sweeter, its something I'd actually eat! I posted the recipe here.

I've furthered my "crunchy" life style. I'm pretty surprised at the weirdo I've become, actually. It just made no sense for me to work so hard to reduce the chemicals in Emmalee's life, if I was still going to expose her to the chemicals in mine! Once I got started with one natural substitute for a daily item (deodorant, toothpaste) it was pretty easy for everything else in my life to just follow suit. Read my crunchy update here.

I promise to get back into the swing of things! I have about 15 draft posts I've written over the last two months, that just never got posted because I hit a "wall" and couldn't make anything sound good!

Never fear, I'm back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment